Comments are closed.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
- Sex as a Weapon? November 25, 2020One of the first pieces of advice we received as newlyweds was to never use sex as a weapon. What we’ve come to realize, however, is that sometimes it should be… just not how you might think. Listen in as we discuss Paul’s words on the topic. Thanks for listening! If you’d like to support […]
- The Warfare of Prayer November 18, 2020Everyone knows marriage has incredible highs and very frustrating (and difficult) lows. In today’s episode, we shared how we’ve been in a prolonged “funk” lately but have found a path forward through prayer. Listen in as we discuss the miracle of prayer for believers and practical ways you can make praying a part of your […]
- 5 Things To Say To Your Spouse Daily November 10, 2020Let’s get practical. In this episode we discussed five phrases you can say to each other every day that will ensure the “structural trends” in your marriage are for the better. While each of these phrases will sound common, as we discovered, each one represents a profound underlying belief you hold (or don’t hold) about […]
- 6 Thoughts on You, Your Husband and His Fight Against Pornography November 5, 2020I rejoice in the hope of the Gospel for my husband. And for myself, as I’m also a wretched sinner in desperate need of a Savior.
- Striving to Enter Rest November 3, 2020Striving to enter rest sounds counterintuitive. Funny enough, that language comes directly from Scripture (Hebrews 4). In today’s episode, we discussed the biblical idea of Sabbath and what it means for Christian homes today—and how you, as a married couple, can “strive to enter rest” the way the bible commands. Thanks for listening! If you’d […]
- Five Ways to Cope with Your Husband’s Betrayal—and Why They Don’t Work October 29, 2020This excerpt taken from Aftershock: Overcoming His Secret Life with Pornography: A Plan for Recovery by Joann Condie with Geremy Keeton.
- Emotional Lust and Escapism October 27, 2020You’ve probably heard pastors warn against physical lust a time or two. But have you considered “emotional lust”? What about emotional lust (and physical lust for that matter) as an unhealthy avenue for escapism? In this week’s podcast episode, we discussed emotional lust at length while also examining what we’re calling the “Pretend Cycle”, or […]
- 2 Books Newlyweds Need to Read October 22, 2020In the midst of pursuing great things in marriage, remember the purpose of marriage: to be a sanctifying picture of the gospel.
- The One Habit You Absolutely Need October 20, 2020There is nothing in this life that will transform your heart (and marriage) like thoroughly reading and obeying God’s Word (the Bible). In today’s episode we discussed our recent journey into a new type of “bulk” scripture reading and shared ways it’s already transformed our hearts. Of course, we don’t have it all figured out, […]
- Staying a Team Through Tough Transitions October 15, 2020Transitions can be difficult, but if you lean into the difficulty and entrust your situation to God, He will use it to transform you.